A couple of months ago I received a stamp set together with the metal die from Studio Calico and I’m finally breaking into the stamp and die to make a gift tag to attach it to the gift box that I’ll be sending to my mom for Mother’s Day. Unfortunately, these stamp and metal die are no longer available in the shop.
What I love about this stamp set are the word sentiments and shapes. I cannot believe these were stored away and I forgot all about them until I was de-stashing my drawer yesterday! They’re just too gorgeous to be neglected so I decided to use them to make a gift tag.
I’ll share a few simple steps how I made the gift tag using the stamp and metal die.
1. I cut out a piece of an aqua cardstock in approximately 3×3 size, laid it over the metal die on top of the Big Shot platform.
2. I run it over my Big Shot machine and cut out the die shape as shown in picture #2.
3. Next, I cut out a tag from a white cardstock measuring 2.5″ x 4.25″. I stamped the irregular rectangle shape stamp over the tag with grey ink.
4. I popped up the aqua die cuts with foam dots.
5. Thereafter, I adhered the die cuts onto the white tag, layering them as shown in picture 5.
6. Next, I stamped the word love from the stamp set with Versafine Onyx ink on a white cardstock and cut out the word shape leaving a few millimeter white outline.
I adhered the cut out word on top of the aqua die cut, added a strip of the die cut label from Camelot Project Life Kit which was stamped with the word “sending”, I stamped and cut another heart shape from the stamp set as well.
I finished off the tags by adding some of the Color Theory Yellow Enamel Dots from Studio Calico randomly over the tag.
And it’s done! It only took about 10 minutes to make this tag and I love how bright and happy the colors are!
I’ve enjoyed playing with the stamp and metal die and since I have a few more of Studio Calico metal dies and stamps, I’ll definitely be creating something for my Project Life soon!